Who is Shoaib Malik and what is his net worth 2018? Shoaib Malik was born on 1 February 1982, Sialkot, Punjab, Pakistan. He is a Pakistani cricketer and former captain of the Pakistani side. Firstly he played tape-ball cricket in the streets in his childhood. He started to take playing cricket seriously in 1993-94 when he took Imran Khan’s coaching clinics in Sialkot. He started as a batsman only advanced on his bowling later.
He used to get in a problem with his family for playing cricket, as they wanted him to concentrate on his education. In 1996, Malik presented at trials for the U-15 World Cup. He was selected in the squad for his bowling. He made his One-Day International debut in 1999 against the West Indies and his Test debut against Bangladesh in 2001. On 3 November 2015, he declared his retirement from Test cricket and says his focus is to play in the 2019 Cricket World Cup.
In 2008, as per media reports in Pakistan surfaced that Malik has married Ayesha Siddiqui from Hyderabad, India, on 3 June 2002. Malik refused these claims saying his marriage plans with the woman did not go through, because of a lack of agreement between both the families. In April 2010, Siddiqui’s family shows Shoaib-Ayesha ‘marriage’ certificate. Later Malik established his marriage with Siddiqui and signed the divorce papers.
Shoaib former Pakistan Cricket Captain is a son of Sultana Malik (mother) and Malik Saleem Hussain (Father). He has a younger brother named Adeel Malik. Shoaib got married on 12th April 2010 in an Islamic wedding ceremony at the Taj Krishna Hotel in Hyderabad, India followed by Pakistani wedding customs for a mahr of $137,500, to his lady love who is a tennis star from India Sania Mirza. Their Walima ceremony was held in Lahore, Pakistan. It could be called as one step towards maintaining good relations between India and Pakistan. Both are living a happy life. Malik is now based in Dubai.
Net Worth of Shoaib Malik
Shoaib Malik net worth is $30 million approximately. Shoaib Malik net worth was increased after PSL and other leagues he played, that too resulted in vast expenses of his total worth. He was selected as a captain of Karachi Kings in the inaugural session of PSL plus he played Big Bash, CPL, and IPL. In fact, Shoaib developed t20 and ODI player of Pakistan, he served successfully in home and away series for Pakistan especially in t20 internationals.
Shoaib Malik has a luxurious car i.e. Toyota Supra: Red Chrome Edition estimated at $66,998. Pakistani cricketer Shoaib Malik and his wife Indian tennis star Sania Mirza have been house-hunting in Dubai in the last few days before their scheduled departure for their assignments. They reached at Palm Jumeirah to setting up our beautiful house there.
Shoaib Malik earns a lot from advertisements, match fees, Central contract with PCB and TV shows. In 2007 signs up with Gillette as a brand ambassador along with Tiger Woods & Roger Federer, in 2015 he signs up with Toni & Guy as a brand ambassador.
Endorsements Deals: Jazz, Pepsi
Shoaib Malik Records and Achievements
• In 1997 selected for Gujranwala Cricket team and also for Pakistan A team.
• In 1998 selected for PIA (Pakistan International)
• In 1999 selected for Pakistan team
• In 2003 joined Gloucestershire County Club and also win Man of the tournament (Bank Al Falah Cup)
• In 2004 selected captain of Sialkot Stallions also win Player of the tournament (Paktel Cup)
• In 2005 leads Sialkot Stallions win ABN Amro Cup
• In 2007 selected as Captain of Pakistan XI and also win T20 Quad Player of the tournament
• In 2008 leads Pakistan XI win Kitply Cup and also leads Sialkot Stallions to win RBS Cup
• In 2009 joined Delhi Daredevils (IPL) and beats his own record: Best vs. India
• In 2010 joined Lancashire County Cricket Club and nominated for the Best ODI Batsman 2009
• In 2012 joined Barbados Tridents (CPL) and lead Sialkot Stallions to win Faysal Cup
• In 2013 joined Hobart Hurricanes (BBL) and Zarai Taraqiati Bank LTD.,
• In 2014 joined Warwickshire County Club,
• In 2015 selected as Icon Player in the Platinum Category for PSL and also scored Career best of 95* in T20
• In 2016 he has been selected Captain of Karachi Kings.
He is definitely one of the best fielders in the Pakistan team; no one makes a catch in the outfield look as easy as Malik does. In his captaincy period, although, was filled with team politics and controversies. Despite a reasonably successful spell as captain, and even more so as a batsman, Malik’s run as captain was cut short in 2009 because of team politics.
For as long as I have been watching cricket, I have rarely witnessed the little bit comeback Malik has made to international cricket this year. Though he got retirement in 2015, has been a memorable year for him and for him to do it after 15 years of international cricket baggage is nothing short of exceptional.