Who is Charlize Theron? What is net worth of Charlize Theron? Charlize was born on 7th august, 1975 in Benoni, Gauteng and has spent a considerable amount of her early life there. She is the only child of Charles Jacobus and Gerda Maritz. Her father was an alcoholic and was killed by her mother itself as an action of self-defense. Hence, she did not have to face any charges against this crime. She has a mixed ancestry that includes Dutch, French and German nationality. Her first language is Afrikaans and became fluent in English after coming to the US.
Education: She attended Putfontein Primary School but was a drop out of that school. Later at the age of thirteen, she began her studies at the National School of the Arts in Johannesburg after she was sent to a boarding school. She is considered in the group of dropout people. She became a U.S citizen in 2007.
She saw herself as a ballet dancer since the start but due to a severe knee injury, she went into depression discovering the fact that she would no longer be able to continue her dancing career. She was awarded her first modeling contract of 1 year at the age of 16. She made her debut with a non-speaking role in the horror movie ‘Children of the Cron hill: Urban Harvest’. Her first speaking role was a supporting role as a hitwoman in the movie ‘2 Days in the Valley’ after which paths of her success opened up in later 1990’s.
Some of her best performances can be witnessed in the movies like Tina Powers in That Thing You Do! (1996), The Devil’s Advocate (1997), Mighty Joe Young (1998), The Cider House Rules (1999), The Legend of Bagger Vanes (2000) and The Italian Job (2003), Monster (2003), Hancock (2008), A Million Ways to Die in the West (2014) Mad Max: Fury Road (2015).
She has received critical acclaim for her role as a serial killer Aileen Wuornos in Monster (2003). Monster has been a lucky and kickass success film for her career that yielded her the Academy Award, Silver Bear, Golden Globe Award and Screen Actors Guild Award for Best Actress. She is the first South African to win an Academy Award in a major acting category.
She was even honored with Academy Award and Golden Globe Award nominations for her performance in the sexual harassment-themed drama North Country in 2005 as well as a Golden Globe Award nomination for her performance in Jason Reitman’s 2011 film Young Adult. She took a break of 2 years from the big screen.
She was even featured in the annual time 100 most influential people list by Time Magazine. Her model-like figure yielded her 4th position in the 2001 FHM Taiwan list of “100 Sexiest Women in the World” and 11th position on Maxim magazine’s Hot 100 Women of 2008 list.
Charlize Theron Net Worth
Charlize has an estimated net worth of $130 Million US dollars as of 2017. This American actress became worldwide famous after the movie “Devil’s Advocate” that came out in 1997. Her house is also one of the contributions in her net worth. Charlize is a popular face in endorsing the Jádore perfume that yielded her $55 million. Being in the Hollywood race since long time, Charlize has an excellent knowledge of the kind of roles to be delivered.
She earned around $10 million from the movie Aeon Flux(2005) and more than $10 million in the recent release, The Huntsman: Winter’s War. Besides, being a producer, fashion model, activist, and an actress even at the age of 41, she has got a long way to go in Hollywood industry with a larger scope of expanding net worth.
Charlize Theron Assets
1. Malibu Beach Home – Charlize owns a dream house near the beach. She bought it in the year 2003 for $3.5 million and recently sold it in 2011 to Ryan Murphy.
It was a two story property covering an area of 2100 square feet, that included 3 bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms. The house was an escape from the tiring city life. The fact that it is one of the oldest properties in the area makes it more valuable.
2. Hollywood hills home – This house, located in Outpost Estates neighborhood, Hollywood Hills, Los Angeles cost $1.6 million in the year 1998. The house has been spread over an area of 5005 square feet with spacious rooms, bathrooms and a classy living room with amazing furnishings and utilitarian stuff ruling the space. It has a touch of the feeling of living in nature due to the view outside and is a perfect place for spending a well facilitated, secluded quality time. Gore Vidal, William H. Macy, Felicity Huffman and Orlando Bloom also owns the property nearby her house in the same residential area.
1. Lexus RX400h – The spacious, relaxing infrastructured black Lexus RX400h is Theron’s choice as her traveling companion. The actress picked a car with clean and green traits as it’s a gas-electric hybrid version car suitable for both city and highway traffic.
2. Range Rover – Theron owns a Range Rover that matches her standards well enough to find a place in her garage too.
Theron owns two cocker spaniels named Denver and Delilah. She loves them so much that she has named her production company after them! She has even got herself rescue dogs named Tucker and Orson at her service. She is an active participant in animal charities that depicts her love for animals.
Charlize Theron Business Model
Theron also tried her hand in the field of producing, both in television and film, in the late 2000’s. The documentary named East of Havana(2006) is the testimonial of her production skills. She had starred in both films, The Burning Plain (2008) and Dark Places (2015), along with the producing credits for both. To support African youth in the fight against HIV/AIDS, she started a UN Messenger of Peace, Charlize Theron Africa Outreach Project (CTAOP) in 2007. She is an active member of women’s right organization and works as an activist for same-sex marriage. She takes part in rallies and even conducts fund raising events.
– Charlize Theron and Seth Rogen are teaming up for the upcoming comedy film flask which is going to be directed by Jonathan Levine.
– The first look poster for the upcoming movie Atomic Blonde is out. The action thriller is starring Charlize Theron!
– Charlize presented an award at Oscars 2017 on 26th February, Sunday wearing a Dior couture gown, Gianvito Rossi shoes and Chopard jewelry.
Charlize Theron is one such South African come American beauty who has never failed to charm people around her despite of her age. The struggles she faced, the image she built up in the Hollywood industry and her activism for good causes make her extraordinarily special. Let’s look forward to more of her enchanting roles!