Who is Miguel and what is his net worth 2018? He is one of the best R&B singers of his generation and has received unprecedented appraisal and critical claim for a young artist. But this young talented multi-hyphenate deserves it all with such a diverse skill set down his sleeves, with singing, song writing and record producing.
On October 23rd, 1985, Miguel Jontel Pimentel was born to a Mexican-American father and African-American mother in San Pedro, Los Angeles, California. His parents got divorced when he was just 8 years old and left a deep impact on his musical tastes since he got introduced to R&B by his mother and various genres like hip hop, funk, jazz and classic rock from his father.
Miguel started his career off with a blunderbuss choice of signing up with independent record label Black Ice in late 2004. The kind of artistic image they portrayed on Miguel was disliked by the artist since the music video which is still live on YouTube had the artist in oversized clothes and ridiculously stereotypical dance forms. So he decided to call it quits and signed with Jive records which led to Black Ice suing him and the record company for contract breach. This delayed his debut album by three years during which he wrote songs for accomplished artists like Usher. But since his debut he has astonished the entertainment industry with his talents and has had awards showered over him.
However, the singer is not only a shining star but also a dedicated lover. His love for Nazanin Mandi is incomparable. He is dating her since 2005 and in 2016, he officially announced that the dream couple is engaged. Who would not want to have such a loving husband or boyfriend?
Education: Since the early age of five, Miguel wanted to become a dancer and as an adolescent teen started writing songs and experimenting with a track recorder from his uncle. Since 9th grade through high school Miguel learned his craft at a recording studio and is close friends with high school buddy, rapper Blu.
Life may have put him in different hard times but Miguel had gained his confidence and moved ahead. Miguel has several successful singles to his name and has had three great albums throughout his short career span which include:
• All I Want Is You (2010)
• Kaleidoscope Dream (2012)
• Wildheart (2015)
He has appeared and given soundtracks in various films and television shows including:
• Morris from America (2016)
• Live By Night (2016)
• The Get Down(2016)
• The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon (2015)
• Conan (2015)
• Saturday Night Live (2013)
• Along with possessing a smooth enchanting voice, Miguel is an exceptional guitarist
• He is the best example of big things in small packaging, weighing just 135 pounds and standing 5 feet 7 inches tall
• He wants to wield music as a weapon to instil appreciation of diverse music styles and genres within everybody
• Miguel himself has a diverse and electrical music taste. His most played track which would “change your perspective” is Good Thoughts, Bad Thoughts”, by Funkadelic.
Miguel has contributed a lot to the music industry in his short career span and has achieved worthy lauds for his efforts such as:
• He has been nominated for the Black Reel Awards in 2013 in the category of best song for his hit single “ Think Like a Man”, He shared this honour with Lohn Legend and Ludacris.
• He has been nominated for four times at the Grammys in various such categories as Best R&B Song, Best Urban Contemporary Album, Best Rap Collaboration, Best Rap Song and Best R&B Performance; among which he bagged in this prestigious award for his song Adorn in the category of Best R&B Song.
• He has also been nominated at the MTV Video Music Awards in 2013, in categories of Best Hip-Hop video and Best Video with a Social Message.
• He has been nominated for 2 years in several categories in Soul Train Music Awards, among which he won in the category of Best R&B singer in 2012 and 2013.
• He has won 2 BET Awards.
• Has been nominated several times at the Billboard Music Awards.
• He has also bagged three nominations at the World Music Awards.
Well, 2016 has brought him all the happiness he had desired. The long going couple has inspired all and finally, Miguel proposed to his girl last January with a big shiny diamond ring. A source close to him had added that the proposal was done “perfectly”. Congratulations to the amazing couple.
Miguel Net Worth
Miguel is estimated to have a net worth of over $12 million which is constantly being pushed by the soulful singer. He has been breaking all the barriers and defining the songs in his own unique way.
Miguel has also stepped in the acting world and now, he was a part of Ben Affleck’s popular crime film Live by Night. His acting was highly appreciated by the top-notch critics. But the soulful singer had last released his album back in 2015 and no new singles were released later. ‘Wildheart’ was the last released album and the audiences are eagerly waiting for a new release. His magical voice and the amazing tunes are being badly missed.
We hope that the couple will soon exchange the holy vows and finally get married.