Who is Danniella Westbrook and what is her net worth 2019? Best known for her character of ‘Samantha Mitchell ‘in BBC soap opera ‘East Enders’, Danniella Westbrook is a well-known British TV actress and the reality TV show personality. Born in Walthamstow, London on November 5, 1973, to cab driver father Andy and a shop assistant mother Sue. Danniella has one step-brother Justin and a younger brother Jay.
During her childhood, she had the aspiration to be the horse rider but she accepted that she had the desire to be famous since her childhood, in his biography. At the young age of seven, she started modelling and joined Sylvia Young Theatre School, to take acting lessons and subsequently started her career has an actress. She had the unfortunate memories of being bullied at local government school due to her appearance in TV shows. At the one such incident, she had humiliated and her hairs were cut; following this incident her parents admitted her into the local private school up to the age of 12. Later she got permission to attend the acting school as the fulltime student from her parents. She is nicknamed as ‘Danni’ among her friend and family.
Danniella is married twice after dating some of the notable stars at that including pop singer Brian Harvey. Her first marriage with Robert Fernandez took place somewhere in 1995 and they had the son named ‘Kai’. She broke up with Fernandez, she married to a van driver Ben Morgan in 1998 owing to their dating for only 8 weeks. They left for Australia but the marriage ended only in 9 months.
After reaching an agreement that she won’t act in future Danniella married to millionaire businessman Kevin Jenkin on 27, 2001, for the third time. She reached Orange County, California to live with her husband and children but in 2011 she returned to the UK with her children.
Danniella Westbrook also published her autobiography in two parts: ‘The Other Side of No Where’ in 2006 and ‘Faith, Hope and Clarity’ in 2013.
Danniella acted in advertisements of some of the top brands in the industry like Opel cars and Coca-Cola at the beginning of her career. She started modelling of supermarket Asda at the young age of 7 and went on to become ‘Next’s’ children fashion wear and “Tammy Girl”-a famous highstreets store. She also did modelling with younger brother Jay for various and acted in many TV shows of her time.
Her first notable break in acting was in BBC soap opera ‘EastEnders’, where she acted as the character of Sam Mitchell for four seasons, latest being in the year 2016. She previously left the show in 1993, to take another role but was called back by show’s producers again.
Apart from ‘East Enders’, she acted in various TV shows like ‘Frank Stubbs Promotes’, ‘Bo’ Selecta’,’Hollyoaks’ etc.
and documentaries like ‘Tonight with Trevor McDonald’ show and short films including ‘Entertaining Mr. Simpson’.
She is mostly known for taking parts in reality TV shows and hosting some of the best TV shows. Here are some of the shows where Danniella Westbrook took part as a contestant or as a host:
• As the contestant in ITV reality TV show, ‘I’m Celebrity…Get me out of here!’ where she quit the show before the results claiming she is didn’t like the environment and to spend time with her children.
• As Contestant in reality TV show ‘The weakest link’ in 2006, where she lost in the final round.
• Co-presented the show ‘Cosmetic Surgery Live’ with Vanessa Feltz. We should note here that Danniella herself undergone breast enhancing surgeries many times, openly.
• Also appeared in reality series ‘Most Haunted’ and ‘I’m famous and frightened’.
• Competed in ‘Dancing on Ice’ fifth series with her partner ‘Matthew Gonzalez’.
• Appeared on ‘Celebrity Big Brother’ in 2017.
Apart from this Danniella also acted in films like ‘Essex Vendetta’ and ‘Mob Handed’.
Danniella Westbrook has been involved in many controversies during her career. Some of the important controversies associated with Danniella Westbrook are:
• She was addicted to drugs since her age of 14. Her drug addiction got wide coverage in British media. She also lost the contract for ‘East Enders’, as her drug addiction was taking over her work. But she has undergone the treatment for drug addiction and now supposed to be free from it.
• She has performed several breast enhancing surgeries which became the reason behind criticising her during her career.
• Danniella Westbrook met a car accident while her husband Fernandez was driving the car at the speed of 85 miles per hour which is above the allowed speed limit in the UK.
Net Worth of Danniella Westbrook
Danniella Westbrook’s net worth is around $1 million. We should laud her for this achievement because she had lost most of her money owing to Kevin’s business losses including her home worth $2.5 million.
We appreciate her rise from middle-class family to a celebrity but she could have achieved more. In 2016 she had attempted a suicide owing to problems led by her drug addiction and as per the latest news about Danniella Westbrook we feel she moving towards the life!