Who is Robert Reich and what is his net worth 2018? Robert Reich is a well-known personality in the American politics. He is not just a politician but also a great political commentator, professor and author of many books. He has a good career where e served the administrators of Presidents Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter. He also worked as a Secretary of Labor from 1993 to 1997 under the presidency of Bill Clinton. Let’s take a sneak peek over his biography and career. Let us know how much he earns and what’s his net worth.
Born on 24th June 1946, Robert Reich has worked under some of the great leader and presidents of the time. From President Gerald Ford to Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton he has served many administrators which utmost efficiency. He was born and brought up at Scranton, Pennsylvania. His parents Mildred Dorf (née Freshman) and Edwin Saul Reich owned a women clothing store and this was their medium to generate income.
When Robert was a child he suffered from Fairbanks disease which is a multiple epiphyseal dysplasias. This is a bone disorder where the person gets short stature among other symptoms. Due to this, he faced many bullies during his school days. Later he worked in different ways and communicates to the society how to overcome the bullies and why it imparts negative influence to the child.
Robert was not very open to the media about his personal relationships. However, we only know that he was married to Clare Dalton in the year 1973. However, the couple got separated and divorced in the year 2012.
Robert Reich has worked in different fields and in different designations. He, since 2006 was the Chancellor’s Professor of Public Policy at the Goldman School of Public Policy at the University of California, Berkeley. Formerly he was also the professor at Harvard University’s John F. Kennedy School of Government.
He also taught at Heller School for Social Policy and Management at Brandeis University the subjects social and economic policy. Apart from this he also contributed to many magazines and news papers as the editor in chief. Some of the major ones are The New Republic, The American Prospect (also chairman and founding editor), Harvard Business Review, The Atlantic, The New York Times, and The Wall Street Journal.
During his entire career, he wrote many books and made them published on various topics like politics and economics. Some of his books won many awards and national and international recognition as well.
The Academic positions held by Robert Reich are as follows:
• Professor of Public Policy at the University of California at Berkeley
• Maurice B. Hexter Professor of Social and Economic Policy at the Florence Heller Graduate School of Public Policy and Management, Brandeis University
• Professor, John F. Kennedy School of Government at the Harvard University
Some of the Political positions held by Robert Reich are:
• U.S. Secretary of Labor
• Chairman, President-elect’s transition team for economic policy
• Director of Policy Planning Staff, U.S. Federal Trade Commission
• Assistant Director for Policy, FTC Bureau of Consumer Protection
• Assistant to the U.S. Solicitor General
During his entire career, he managed to grab many Awards and accolades for his different works in the field of studies and politics. Some of them are as follows;
• Galbraith-Schlesinger Award for Lifetime Achievement, Americans for Democratic Action, June 2009.
• Outstanding Mentorship of Graduate Student Instructors, University of California at Berkeley, 2009.
• Bruno-Kreisky Award, the best political book of the year (Supercapitalism), 2009.
• Vaclev Havel Prize, Prague, October 2003.
• Distinguished Citizen Scholar Award, the University of Massachusetts at Amherst, 2003.
• Nelson Rockefeller Distinguished Public Service Award, Dartmouth College, 2002.
• Teacher of the Year, Brandeis University, 2001
• Louis Brownlow Award (best book on public administration), National Academy of Public Administration, 1984.
Robert Reich Net worth
Robert Reich has the net worth of around $5 million. He has managed to get a good income from different universities he taught and later after joining the politics his income profile got elevated. From his books also he got a good amount of money. In the coming future, Robert is going to increase his net worth by the deeds he is doing in the politics.
Robert Reich apart from his disease and deformity shines like a star due to his great academic skills and teaching abilities. He is a great man and has created a big fan and followers for his great ideas which he wrote in his books.