Who is John Force and what is his net worth 2018? John Harold Force is an American drag racer who was born on May 4, 1949 in in California. He is also a 16-time Funny car champion an 18-time champion car owner. John Force Racing is owned and driven by john Force.
John Harold is a famous drag racer popularly known as winner in drag racing history with 119 NHRA tour victories, 2 Series championships and was also named “Driver of the Year” for American motor racing in 1996. He also received Bolster Award for lifetime achievement from Auto Sport Magazine. He has been a title contender for most of his brilliant racings. He had won around 1263 races of which 33 were added recently.
He recently won the Funny Car title which added to his career. At that point in his career, his fellow racers started to doubt his ability to stay in the game and had an intuition that his best days had gone by but the exemplary racer had a plan and was on his way to winning his 16th NHRA Mello Funny Car World Championship. John had a very humble up- bringing. He was the youngest of five siblings. His mom was a fry- cook whereas his dad was a truck driver.
Maybe it was John’s humble beginnings of being the youngest of five siblings with his fry-cook mom and truck-driving dad. He was always passionate about achieving his goals in life. He was the one to never give up in life specially in the starting of his racing career which began in 1974.
Education: He attended Cerritos Junior College for playing football for a very short time and did his graduation from Bell Gardens High School.
Net Worth of John Force
His net worth has been calculated to be as high as $12.5 million. As he also owns Funny Car driver and runs it, so driving is a very important part of his life which is the main source of his net worth today. Also, he has won as many as 132 championship titles and also became winner of NHRA Championship 15 times which had also added up to his net worth. He has been active in this career for more than He has been working in this area for past 30 years now and his 3 daughters and son-in-laws are also into this career.
John Force is an NHRA drag racing team owner. His team consists of himself, Robert Hight, Courtney Force. Past drivers include John’s daughter Ashley Force Hood, Mike Neff, Eric Medlen, Tony Pedregon, and Gary Densham. His team had a good 20-30 years relationship with Castrol and Ford Motor Company that came to an end in 2014. Force’s Funny Car teams now run Chevrolets.
• Force was selected as the “Driver of the Year” in 1996 for all of American motor racing by a national panel of motorsports journalists. He was the first drag racer ever so honoured.
• He was the first driver to win over 139 races in 226 final rounds.
• He was also the first NHRA drag racer to achieve 1,000 careers where he defeated Ron Capps for the 1,000th round win.
• First racer to set an official NHRA Funny Car elapsed time int the quarter mile under 5 seconds.
• He was16-time NHRA champion driver and 18-time champion owner.
• Ranked Second on the NHRA top 50 Drivers.
• Only driver to win more than ten championships in his division, beating the record of stock Champion Bob Glidden who had won 10 championships
• On June 16, 2012, he received the Lee Iacocca Award at Bristol Drag way.