Who was James Horner and what is his net worth? James Horner was a conductor, composer and orchestrator for background music soundtracks in movies from the United States of America. He was best known for his amazing work in many famous movies, including Titanic, Avatar, Braveheart, Field of Dreams and many more. He won two Academy Awards, two Golden Globes and many other Awards.
James Roy Horner was born on August 14, 1953 in Los Angeles California. When he was 5 years old, he started studying piano, then he trained at the Royal College of Music in London, England. After that he moved back to America. He got a BA in music from the University of Southern California, then he earned his master’s degree from the University of California, Los Angeles and after that, he started teaching music theory there, later he completed his PHD in music composition and theory in the same university that he worked in.
His father, Harry Horner was a designer and art director from Holíč, Slovakia and he immigrated to the United States in 1935. His mother, Joan Ruth was from a large known Canadian family. James Horner had 1 brother, Christopher, he is a designer and a director living in California, Los Angeles.
In June 1985, James Horner married Sara Elizabeth Nelson, she is an independent Architecture & Planning professional. They are the parents of two daughters.
June 22 2015, in Santa Barbara, California, on Monday, James Horner died because of a private plane crash (61 Years Old).
James Horner started his career with low budget films such as “The Lady in Red” and “Battle Beyond the Stars”, then he moved up to higher budget major studio films including “Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan” this film budget was 11 million US dollars. In the 1990s he worked on “Sneakers”, “The Rocketeer”, “Legends of the Fall”, “Ransom”, and his most successful work was in 1997, the most popular film “Titanic” which had a budget of $200 million dollars.
Horner won Oscar awards for the Best Original Dramatic Score and the Best Original Song, ”My Heart Will Go On”. His last work was a concerto on March 27, 2015, at the Royal Festival Hall in London.
James Horner Net Worth
James Horner scored a lot of work, he composed music for more than 150 TV series and films. His biggest financial success was in 1997 from the most popular film “Titanic”, sales estimation for the film were 30 million units worldwide. James Horner had a net worth of $15 million.
James Horner List of Awards
• Academy Award for Best Original Music Score (1998, Titanic)
• Academy Award for Best Original Song (1998, My Heart Will Go On)
• Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song (1998, My Heart Will Go On)
• Golden Globe Award for Best Original Score (1998, Titanic)
• Grammy Award for Song of the Year (1999,1988, My Heart Will Go On)
• Grammy Award for Record of the Year (1999, My Heart Will Go On)
• Grammy Award for Best Song Written for Visual Media (1999,1988, My Heart Will Go On)
• Grammy Award for Best Score Soundtrack for Visual Media (1991, Glory)
• Satellite Award for Best Original Score (1998, Titanic)
• American Music Award for Top Soundtrack (1999, Titanic; Music from the Motion Picture)
• ASCAP Film and Television Music Award for Top Box Office Films (1999,1998,1997, The Mask of Zorro, Titanic, Deep Impact, Courage Under Fire)
• Satellite Award for Best Original Song (2002,1998, A Beautiful Mind: All Love Can Be, Titanic: My Heart Will Go On)
• Chicago Film Critics Association Award for Best Original Score (1998, Titanic)
• ASCAP Film and Television Music Awards for Most Performed Songs From Motion Pictures (1999, Titanic)
• Las Vegas Film Critics Society Award for Best Song (1998, Titanic)
James Horner had a strong voice in the industry of films, he scored more than 150 professional and tremendous work. Titanic film was a major success for him.
James Roy Horner, May Your Soul Rest In Peace.