Who is Steffi Graf and what is her net worth 2018? A Former World No.1, Steffi Graf is one of the most Famous and Successful Tennis stars of Germany. She amassed 22 singles Tennis titles in the Open Era. Trainers have used clippings of her footwork and her powerful forehand drive as best examples of Game Play to the upcoming tennis aspirants. She is also a pioneer of the modern aggressive baseline play. She was unstoppable in 1988, as she won all the four Singles Grand slams and even the Olympic Games Singles that year.
Steffi Graf was born in Mannheim, Germany on June 14, 1969. Her father Peter Graf was her first Tennis coach. She started practising at age four and was playing her first tournament in the next year itself. She even won the European 12s and 18s Championship by 1982. She was a dominant Tennis player during the late eighties and the nineties.
Steffi Graf is married to Tennis great, Andre Agassi. Both live with their children in Jaden and Ele in Summerlin, Las Vegas.
Steffi Graf and male tennis player Boris Becker have been the Role models for many children to take up Tennis as their Vocation in Germany. Graf has won 22 Grand Slam singles titles totally. She has won all the Grand Slams four times each. She has won at least one slam during every year from 1987 to 1996.
In 1987, she won the French Open. In 1988 she won all the four grand slams and even an Olympic Gold medal for her country. Next year, she won The Australian open, The Wimbledon and the US Open.
During the nineties her performance was thus:
Year Grandslam Won
1990 Australian Open
1993 French Open, Wimbledon, US Open
1994 Australian open
1995 French Open, Wimbledon, US Open
1996 French Open, Wimbledon, US Open
1999 French Open
She won a doubles Wimbledon final in the year 1988. She took one gold (1988- Singles title)and one silver medal (1992- singles title)representing Germany in the Olympics. She claimed the Doubles Olympic bronze medal in 1988.
She has played and won games even in team competitions like the Federal cup and Hopman Cup. Her first opponents in the ATP tour were Navratilova and Evert. Later, Sabatini, Monica Seles Sanchez, and Jennifer Capriati were her competitors.
Many Tennis greats and writers like Navatrilova, Billi Jean King and Steve Flink consider Steffi as the greatest female player of all times. She has created numerable tennis records of which only some have been broken by the present crop of Tennis players.
• Steffi Graf was inducted into the German Sports Hall of Fame and International Hall of Fame in the years 2008 and 2004 respectively.
• She was the WTA Player of the year 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1993, 1994, 1995 and 1996. She was voted German Sportsperson of the year all the years between and including 1986 to 1989 and again in 1999. She was the ITF World Champion for the years 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1993, 1995 and 1996.
• She won Olympic Tennis Gold for Germany in 1988.
Steffi Graf Net worth
The net worth of Steffi Graf is $35 million. This is a sum total of all her earnings as an ATP player and the various endorsement opportunities she received.
• She was the first Tennis player male or female to win all the four Calender Grandslams – Australian Open, Wimbledon, French Open and the US open in 1988.
• She was Women’s Tennis Association (WTA’s)world No.1 for more than 377 weeks.
• Her Hometown municipality Bruhl gave her an honorary citizen title in 1988.
Steffi Graf is a Tennis star par excellence. Her techniques and gameplay have been adopted by various modern day players to improve their career.