Who is Mohammad Hafeez and what is his net worth 201? Mohammad Hafeez is a professional cricketer and former captain of Pakistan T20 team. Born on June 5, 1980 in England, he trusted player for all of his captains. Although he is known as ‘Professor’ among his friends, family and colleagues according to pakpassion. net forum he only has completed formal education up to the intermediate exam. His got his nickname due to his positive approach, rational thinking, problem solving skills and for his augmenting skills.
However, his full name is Zia Mahmood according to Wikipedia and he might have taken the name Mohammad Hafeez for some obvious reasons. He is married to a long time and close friend Nazia Hafeez in 2007. They have two children out of this marriage.
He is one of the few cricketers found during the revamp of Pakistan cricket team after their poor show at 2003 World Cup. He debuted in international ODIs against Zimbabwe on April 3, 2003, and his international test debut was on August 20, 2003, against Bangladesh. Since then he has proved that his selection was one of the right decision made by Pakistani selectors during their revamp.
During his stint as an all-rounder cricketer, Hafeez played 50 test matches and scored 3452 runs during his 96 innings with an average of 39.22. In his 182 ODI matches, he scored 5527 runs owing to the average of 32.13 with a personal high score of 140 runs not out. Hafeez scored 9 centuries and 12 half-centuries in test and 11 centuries with 29 half centuries in his ODI career.
He is also a well-known international player in T20, who is considered as the most successful captain for T20 international matches. In his 77 T20 matches Hafeez scored 1614 maintaining the average of 22.73 and scoring 9 half centuries.
Besides this, he is acclaimed right arm medium fast bowler who has been successful in maintaining on of the lowest bowling economies in cricketing history. In 50 test matches, he took 52 wickets with an excellent economy rate of 2.67. In ODIs he managed to maintain the consistent economy rate of 4.13 with 129 wickets in 182 ODIs.
As a skillful all-rounder he managed to get many records during his stint as an international cricketer. Some of them are:
• Most successful T20 captain for Pakistan.
• 5th highest number of fours in international T20s, as on January 30, 2017.
• 5th highest number of matches played by a player, as on September 27, 2016.
• He is third Pakistani cricketer to be dismissed twice in his 190s, after Younus Khan and Mohammad Yousuf.
• First player to score 1000 runs and 40+ wickets international T20s from Pakistan.
• Became only Pakistani captain to score 3 consecutive half centuries in T20s.
• He holds the fourth position when it comes to maintaining lowest bowling economy rate.
• Only second Pakistani cricketer to score a century and to take 4 wickets in the same match, after Shoaib Malik.
• He also holds the record for scoring the highest number of half centuries in international T20s by any Pakistani player.
During his all-rounder cricketing career, he also won some of the credible awards. Besides his 26 man of the match awards in all forms of cricket here is the list of important awards on by Mohammad Hafeez during his career:
• Nominated for “Spirit of the cricket award” by ICC for not claiming the false catch in a test match against England in 2012.
• “Player of the year award” by PCB 2012.
Mohammad Hafeez Net Worth
Surely he is one of the most successful players in a country where people ardently follow the game of cricket as their passion and so has numerous opportunities to earn. His net worth is $11 million. He is the highest earning player in terms of the salary given by Pakistan Cricket Board.
Though he faced ban due to his faulty bowling action Hafeez came clean after an assessment test by ICC. This proves his love and dedication towards the game. He has the capability to handle the game with his teammates and we are yet to see him performing his best. As a player with the tremendous capability, we hope he will continue to contribute to the game in future.