Recently retired, a Los Angeles Lakers faithful and one of NBA’s highest paid players, Kobe Bryant is a legend who would be remembered in the same thoughts as Shaquille O’ Neal in the future. On August 23, 1978, Kobe Bean Bryant was born in Philadelphia as the youngest child and only son to Joe Bryant and Pamela Cox Bryant. Raised as a Roman Catholic, Bryant at the age of six moved with his family to Italy but moved back to Philadelphia in 1991.
He started playing Basketball at the age of three and received recognition since his high school days at Lower Merion High School. A few years back due to divorce he was about to lose $75 million worth of assets to wife Vanessa; but the couple has since worked things out between them and is leading a blissful life with their daughters. They are one of the most adorable families whom we can’t stop loving.
Bryant has always been committed to basketball and always attended the practice sessions earlier than anyone. His rise has been phenomenal and along with being a Lakers all-star, he has made his country proud at the 2008 and 2012 Olympics. Since his retirement, he has opened his own business venture in partnership and intends to conquer the corporate world as well.
Kobe Bryant Net Worth in year 2017 is approximately $380 Million US Dollars
He is one of the highest paid NBA players and has a considerable fortune. His skills in the court are fine and the bank account is heavy with his earnings. Bryant has an estimated net worth of around $380 million US dollars as of 2017.
Some of his earnings throughout the years have been listed as follows:
• $9 million from L.A Lakers season salary in 2000
• $20 million from L.A Lakers season salary and Mc Donald’s in 2001
• $57 million from L.A Lakers season salary and Nike in 2003
• $39 million from L.A Lakers season salary and various sponsorships in 2008
• $53 million from L.A Lakers season salary and various sponsorships in 2011
• $62 million from L.A Lakers season salary and sponsorships in 2014.
Throughout his career, he has had lucrative sponsorship deals from brands like McDonald’s, Nike, Coca-Cola, Nutella, Spalding and Turkish Airlines.
Kobe Bryant Assets:
Bryant, with his wife Vanessa, had a total of three mansions all located at California’s New Port Beach till recently. One of his homes got sold recently for a whopping $6 million.
Along with his traffic evading private chopper, Bryant has an assortment of luxury wheels. Some of them include:
• Cadillac Escalade
• Range Rover
• A 3.5L Ferrari 360 Modena which pumps out a 400 bhp from a monstrous V8 engine
• A $400,000 Lamborghini Murcielago
• A Bentley Continental GT
• A $329,000 Ferrari 458 Italia
• A Lamborghini Aventador
Kobe Bryant Business:
Along with Basketball Bryant wants his name to be heard for unicorns and exciting start-ups. Along with Jeff Stibel, a tech and medical industry veteran, Bryant has co-founded Bryant Stibel, a $100 million venture capital fund. The firm would invest in technology, media and data companies. Along with Legal Zoom and Scopely, the firm has interests in sports companies like The Player’s Tribune and Body Armour.
With more than 1300 regular season games and more than 220 playoffs, it is an extraordinary task to pick the best. But according to us some of the most outstanding performance by Bryant includes:
• Western Conference Finals Game 1 against Spurs: 45 points and 10 rebounds
• Jan 22, 2006, against Raptors: 81 points
• Feb 2, 2009, against Knicks: 61 points
• March 28, 2003, against Wizards: 55 points
• Western Conference 1st Round Game 4 against Suns: 24 points
• Western Conference semi-finals Game 4 against Kings: 48 points and 16 rebounds
No one can ever forget about the epic week of NBA’s historic week. The phenomenal game of January 22nd, 2006 was iconic for Kobe’s swift moves. Recently, he got the animator of “Beauty and the Beast” and the composer of “Star Wars”’ for a short film which he will create to announce his retirement. He recently announced his retirement in 2015-2016 in the form of a poem which was titled as “Dear Basketball”. Now, the short film will be based on the poem he wrote and he had already taken the best on the board.
The hero of millions had finally bid farewell to the game which gave him fame but the love which we fans bear from him is never going to lessen. In the eyes of the fan, he will be a legendary NBA player throughout his life.