William Macy is a writer, actor, and theater director from the United States of America. He is also the co-founder of Atlantic Theater Company, New York City, along with the writer and producer David Mamet. William Macy earned many awards for his outstanding performance, the last award he won was in 2017, “Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Comedy Series” for the TV series Shameless.
William Hall Macy, Jr was born on March 13, 1950 in Miami, Florida. His father, William Hall Macy, Sr., he was in World War 2 flying Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress and for that he earned an Air Medal and an Award, later, he worked in a construction company and in an insurance company, but he died in 2007. His mother, Lois Overstreet married William Sr. after her first husband was gone, but she also died in 2001.
William Jr. parents raised him in both Georgia and Maryland because of his father’s work in the construction company and the insurance agency. First, William wanted to study Veterinary medicine but later he got involved with theatre and went to Goddard College, Plainfield, Vermont, he also met David Mamet there.
First, William H. Macy was married to the film producer, Carla Santos Shamberg for 5 years, (1980-1985). Now, William H. Macy has been married to the actress Felicity Huffman since 1997. Her parents were divorced so she was a little afraid to marry William but she did and never regretted it. They dated each other for 15 years before they got married. William and Felicity have two daughters, Sophia Grace and Georgia Grace, they were born in 2000 and 2002. Information says that they all live together in Los Angeles, California.
In 1971, William graduated from Goddard College and moved to Chicago, he worked as a bartender there. Then he co-founded St. Nicholas Theater Company in Chicago with David Mamet, and there he played many acting rules. In New York, he acted in many Off-Broadway theatre. The work that made William raise up in his career and start being famous was in the comedy-crime film, Fargo, which was released in 1996 and had a budget of 7 million US dollars.
He also worked in many other films during that period including, Air Force One, Ghosts of Mississippi, Psycho, Happy, Texas, and Mystery Men, but all of that was before 2000. Between 2000 and 2005, William worked in 7 successful films, Panic, Jurassic Park III, Focus, Welcome to Collinwood, Seabiscuit, The Cooler and Sahara. He appeared in many other films but his last released film as an actor was in 2016, in a crime-drama film, Blood Father.
How much is Net Worth of William H. Macy in 2017
William H. Macy has many tremendous work in all of the films he acted in, and for that he earned many awards and nominations. Along with that, he also directed, produced, wrote and co-wrote many TV films and series including Thirtysomething, Home Fires, Above Suspicion, Every Woman’s Dream and The Con. As a producer and an executive producer he worked in The Wool Cap, Transamerica, Choose Your Own Adventure: The Abominable Snowman, Family Man and Rudderless.
His last released film as a director was in September 1, 2017, a comedy film called, The Layover. Another film that he is the director of is a drama-comedy film called, Krystal, and its initial release is this year, 2017. It is estimated that William H. Macy salary is around 125 thousand US dollars for each episode, and his net worth is around $25 million US dollars as of 2017.
William H. Macy List of Awards
• Independent Spirit Award for Best Male Lead (1997, Fargo)
• Florida Film Critics Circle Award for Best Cast (1998, Boogie Nights)
• National Board of Review Award for Best Cast (1999, Magnolia)
• Florida Film Critics Circle Award for Best Cast (2000, Magnolia)
• National Board of Review Award for Best Cast (2000, State and Main)
• Satellite Award for Best Actor – Miniseries or Television Film (2000, A Slight Case of Murder)
• Satellite Award for Best Supporting Actor – Motion Picture (2000, Happy, Texas)
• Florida Film Critics Circle Award for Best Cast (2001, State and Main)
• Online Film Critics Society Award for Best Cast (2001, State and Main)
• Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Limited Series or Movie (2003, Door to Door)
• Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Writing for a Limited Series, Movie, or Dramatic Special (2003, Door to Door)
• Satellite Award for Best Actor – Miniseries or Television Film (2003, Door to Door)
• Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Miniseries or Television Movie (2003, Door to Door)
• Satellite Award for Best Supporting Actor – Series, Miniseries or Television Film (2005, Stealing Sinatra)
• Hollywood Film Festival Best Cast (2006, Bobby)
• Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Comedy Series (2015, Shameless)
• Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Comedy Series (2016, Shameless)
• Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Comedy Series (2017, Shameless)
William H. Macy is a successful films actor, writer, director and producer, he has earned many awards for his amazing work. In 2017, he is the director for 2 films, one was released, The Layover, and the other is, Krystal, and its initial release is in 2017 too. William H. Macy is married to the actress, Felicity Huffman, and they have 2 daughters.